The information forwarded to wlka states that more than 10 Kemants shot to death in Chilga District, North Gondar. Information had been sent this afternoon, it has not yet displayed the identity of individuals and other details. Some unconfirmed source claimed more than 100 people critically injured. wlka has no resource to send its informant to the scene area. It is impossible to communicate in the area. If you know details, you can send information directly to wlka including their names. Do not send your information to any person, wlka will not receive it.
Update: On Kemant People Death and Injury (June 15)
A source from Gondar City Police Department, who wants to remain in anonymity has provided the following updates:
• The death of 7 people confirmed.
• Other 8 people in critical conditions and admitted to Gondar Hospital, but not treated due to order from officials, expected to die.
There is conflicting report regard to the following individuals:
• Mr. Kassie Godo, AgDP party’s activist
• Mr. Fentahun, another AgDP activist and candidate for the past May 2015 election.
• Mr. Kassie Abera, a Kemant Committee member
• Two elders from the Aykel town
Some people claimed Mr. Kassie Godo was abducted on June 12, just before midnight, and his whereabouts is not known. Others say five of persons under police search for their attempt to organize demonstration.
Update on June 17:
In related news, Blue Party’s last month candidate, Mr. Samuel Awoke died in Debre Markos, on June 15, 2015, after attacked by unknown persons. An opposition said, murder is politically motivated, the government described private related.
The replica of this report has appeared also on American Embassy Facebook Addis Ababa, under Wlka Bt. First you can find Wlka Bt Facebook and then direct to the embassy facebook.